Food Pantry

Who can use the food pantry?

  • Belleville School District residents
  • Service is available on a walk-in basis
Where is the pantry located?

In the back room of Village Hall, 24 W. Main Street. Enter through the rear door of the village hall.  Handicapped accessible parking is available at the back door; ring the door bell for entry.

When is the pantry open?

  • Tuesdays - 8 AM to 12 PM
  • Thursdays - 2 PM to 6 PM
How often may I use the food pantry?
(Currently due to COVID-19 we are pre-packaging non-perishable bags for patrons. 
  • Number of bags allowed: One filled bag per visit, once per week.
  • Day-old bakery and bread items: May be placed in a separate bag. There is no limit on quantity. 
  • Milk vouchers: Limit is one gallon per week, upon request. The voucher may be used at Burreson’s Foods only, for Borden’s milk brand only. 
  • Personal items (toilet paper, soaps, etc.): These items may be required to be placed in the same bag as food items, or if there is enough quantity they may be allowed to be bagged separately. 
  • Canned and boxed items: Limited to one of each type. For example, a customer could take one can of beans, one can of corn and one can of peas – but not three cans of peas.
  • Meats: One meat item is allowed per week.
What else is available through the Belleville food pantry?

Belleville School District residents may sign up in July for free school supplies. The program is available for children in grades K4 - 8.

Can I pre-order items?
You may pre-order your bagged items by emailing your request to or by dropping a request in the Village of Belleville drop box on the front of the building. Please give us your order at least 3 days before you plan to pick up your bag.  We will continue to ask you which perishable items you would like when you arrive.

Items available for preorder include: 
  •     Canned Vegetables
  •     Canned Fruits
  •     Boxed Items including cereals, pasta, Hamburger Helper, Mac & Cheese, etc
  •     Canned Protein including tuna fish, chicken, peanut butter, etc
  •     Personal Care Items including toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper, etc
Perishable items may include:
  •     Meats, Dairy, Garden vegetables in season, Fruits when available
We also often have other items like ketchup and mustard, mayonnaise, boxed potatoes, laundry soap, bottled juice, spaghetti sauce, Spaghettio’S, etc.

A substitute or proxy may pick up groceries on your behalf. Please send a note giving your permission for that proxy to pick up your groceries. If you cannot pick up your groceries because you are ill or have limited transportation or do not have a proxy, please call the Village Hall 608-424-3341. A Pantry Volunteer will return the call within a few days.


The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form found online or at any USDA office, or call (866)632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). 

This institution is an Equal Opportunity Provider.

 If you are having a food emergency and the Village Hall is not open, please call 211. A Dane County social services representative will direct you to other options.
211 Emergency