Historic Library Park
Noted as public ground on the 1851 plat, the square once crossed by an Indian trail, became the site of many events. In 1887 a "tent city" was erected here for laborers working on the new rail line. Erected in 1894 the brick building still standing on the site was used as village hall, library, firehouse and jail. After 1900, a bandstand and fountain were added to the park. Park events included holiday celebrations, fairs, concerts, and free summer movies.
Village offices and firehouse were relocated in 1923. The library remained until 1978. In the 1980s the bandstand and fountain were rebuilt and the building's first floor refurbished as a meeting room/museum. In 1982, the park and building were placed on the National Register of Historic Places.