Parks & Recreation FAQs
In case of emergency what should I do?
In case of severe weather danger, leave the park immediately. Police may also close down and evacuate the park. For safety reasons, please heed warnings and cooperate with the police. If the even is youth-oriented, an adult age 18 or older must be in charge of the event who can make decisions about emergencies.
Where will I find emergency shelter?
Shelter may be available at one or all of these locations:
- Village Hall at 24 West Main Street
- Fire Department at 31 East Main Street
- Public Library at 130 South Vine Street
- 911 Emergency Dispatch
- 911 EMS
- Police Department 608-424-3129
- Fire Department 608-424-3081
- Village Hall 608-424-3341 (weekdays M-F 8 AM to 5 PM)
Parks Locations & Rules
How many parks does the Village of Belleville have?
Where are the parks located?
- Community Park next to Lake Belle View off Highway 69 north
- Library Park is located at the intersection of Highway 69 and Highway 92 across the street from the Police and Fire Department and is circled by East Main Street, South Park Street, East Pearl Street and South Vine Street. It also has the Old Library Building and fountain on the property.
- Blaser Park is located north of the Village off Highway 69 at the intersection of Karl Avenue and Jon Street.
- Sugar River Park is located south east of town, near the Wastewater Plant off Remy Road.
- Greenview Park is located on the south end of town, on Blaser Drive.
Yes, call 424-3341 to make reservation and you will need to complete a Park Shelter Building Use Form, which needs to be authorized by the Village Hall, Police Department, Public Works Department, Village Board if the whole park is requested and Public Works/Parks Committee authorization if it is an ongoing event.
What is the fee for park use?
There is a use fee of $25 for Village residents, and $35 for non-Village residents. Also, a security deposit of $100.00 will be requested at the time of your reservation. Until payment is received no reservation is considered final. Damage to parks will be charged to your security deposit and applicant will be responsible for any additional cost of damage.
What are the hours for parks? 6 AM to 10 PM.
Can I bring my pet?
Yes, but pets must be leashed at all times and owner must remove all fecal matter.
What are the rules for using a park?
- No overnight camping.
- Motor vehicles are restricted to roads, drives and parking areas.
- No vehicle shall be operated in a park in excess of fifteen (15) miles per hour (unless otherwise posted).
- No thru traffic is allowed during ball games.Proper disposal of trash and recyclables is required.
- Picnic tables, benches or other park equipment cannot be removed from park. If picnic tables are removed from under shelters, they must be placed back by same party.
- Bill posting is not allowed. Park regulations and other signs authorized by the Village Board will be permitted.
- No person shall shoot or throw stones, arrows or missiles in or into any park or at the geese.
- No driving of posts or stakes in any park without Public Works approval. After approval, the applicant is responsible to contact Diggers Hotline 1-800-242-8511 one week prior to event for location of all buried utilities. Flags must be removed at the end of the event.
- Permits are not to be transferred to other organizations or individuals without Village approval.
- Individual/organization must indicate area they wish to reserve on available maps.
- DO NOT FEED OR HARASS THE GEESE.